[Xastir] (no subject)

Rick Giguere rick at rifan.com
Tue Jan 1 08:21:40 EST 2013

Although you need an amateur radio license to TRANSMIT with APRS, you don't need one to monitor it receive-only.

In the US there is no requirement to take any courses to obtain an amateur radio "ticket," only the requirement that you take the necessary tests for the license class you wish to obtain and operate in.