[Xastir] (no subject)

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Jan 1 21:50:56 EST 2013

On Jan 1, 2013, at 5:04 PM, "David Flood" <davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Ah..a possible non-ham solution...I don't know if Xastir supports it but the
> server specifications state that a passcode of -1 should set someone up for
> read-only access.
>
> http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx

You can do this but you end up with an unverified connection which will not allow you to send packets into the server.  The problem with this is that the default filter on most servers for 14580 is m/500.  This requires you to send a position packet into the port before the filter will start to send you any data, but you can't do this with an unverified connection.  You will need to set the filter to something that will send you packets without needing a position packet.