[Xastir] vector maps in xastir coordinate system?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:37:16 EST 2013

I've been looking at the raspberry pi (honestly, would probably
already have one if I saw it in stock somewhere) and wondering about
running xastir on it.  I know it'll be excruciatingly slow, and I've
been thinking of ways to possible make it faster.

I know xastir has its own coordinate system, and I wondered if
converting existing vector maps (e.g. shapefile) into some sort of
xastir coordinate system vector format would be worth the effort?
Does someone with some insight into the code have an idea how much
computation takes place in the coordinate system transformation step?

-Jason
kg4wsv