[Xastir] map failure

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:11:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Rein <reica at reicamann.net> wrote:

> On 19/06/13 2:08 am, Steve Rogers wrote:
>
>>   Hello I have had this error for awhile, I also use Ubuntu 12.04
>> this  did it for me:
>> sudo apt-get install libdb5.1-dev
>> then I recompiled via CVS ./update-xastir and error went bye-bye.
>> Is GraphicsMagick installed? I had no maps problem since this error
>> appeared in January,
>> It maybe something else, maybe just two cents worth    Steve kd5mkv
>>
> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for that!
> I already had libdb5.1 and libdb5.1-dev installed.
> But I hadn't updated Xastir.
> After doing that everything was OK.
> The map problem was a different one and has been resolved.
> Rein vk4alj

Just an fyi to the list - Ubuntu 12.04 should have both libdb 4.8 and libdb
5.1 available including dev packages for both.  At the time the HowTo for
installing Xastir in 12.04 was written, Xastir didn't support libdb 5.1
yet, so the instructions correctly installed libdb 4.8.  Xastir compiled
from CVS worked fine for me using libdb4.8 when I was running Ubuntu 12.04.
 So unless something has changed with respect to what Berkeley packages are
available for Ubuntu 12.04, it isn't necessary to use libdb version 5.1.
 Given 12.04 is the long term support version, I guess I can't rule out a
change that could have been made that eliminated the version 4.8 packages,
but I doubt that's the case.

Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04, however, are a different story.  There are no
version 4.x packages for libdb in either Ubuntu 12.10 or 13.04, and that's
what contributed to the code change in Xastir to support libdb 5.1.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT