[Xastir] More Kubuntu 13 map problems

Jim Shorney jshorney at inebraska.com
Thu Jun 20 00:37:28 EDT 2013

Well, here we go...

I had been running Kubuntu 12 x64 on a dual core i5 Asus laptop, and things
were working pretty well with Graphicsmagick. So I did an update to Kubuntu
13.04,  and now my OSM maps won't work. I cvs-ed the latest code and
recompiled, no difference with the latest 2.0.5. Good old Tiger maps still
work. The worldhi map still works. I can see it "Downloading tiles..." in the
lower left corner when I change the view. I can find the OSMtiles folder and
see and view PNGs timestamped this evening.

This doesn't seem to match the scenarios I have found in the list archive. No
Berkeley errors, I switched to Graphicsmagick to resolve earlier issues, etc.
The only clue I have is these messages in the terminal window when I run Xastir
and do stuff:

Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.
Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.
Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.

Of course, I don't know what to make of it. I know the gurus will ask me for
more information. Just tell me what you need, I will get it.

73 es TNX

-Jim
NU0C

--
The universe we're in will reach absolute zero in three hours. Safe is relative. - Idris, "The Doctor's Wife"