[Xastir] More Kubuntu 13 map problems

Jim Shorney jshorney at inebraska.com
Thu Jun 20 23:54:52 EDT 2013

Upon closer examination, it seems that it is not compiling properly. I couldn't
skate past the miscellaneous warnings and stuff on this one, there are some
real errors there. At this point, I'm at a loss. I do have capture logs of all
the output.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:24:00 -0500, Jim Shorney wrote:

>Thanks for the reply, Curt.
>
>Help>About says I have GM 1.3.16. Interestingly, the package manager says I
>have 1.3.18 (or, 1.3.18-Q16-2dhor-raring in Debian-speak). The -dev package
>matches in the package manager and is installed. The only IM stuff installed
>was imagemagick-common. It has now been purged.
>
>It would be my luck that mine would be contrary to everone else and I need to
>dump GM and install IM. Whatever. I'll poke around and see if I can figure out
>where GM is version confused.
>
>Berkeley is 5.1.29-5ubuntu8, if anyone is interested. No errors there that I
>can see.
>
>73
>
>-Jim
>NU0C
>

>On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:19:23 -0700 (PDT), Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Jim Shorney wrote:
>>
>>> I had been running Kubuntu 12 x64 on a dual core i5 Asus laptop, and things
>>> were working pretty well with Graphicsmagick. So I did an update to Kubuntu
>>> 13.04,  and now my OSM maps won't work. I cvs-ed the latest code and
>>> recompiled, no difference with the latest 2.0.5. Good old Tiger maps still
>>> work. The worldhi map still works. I can see it "Downloading tiles..." in the
>>> lower left corner when I change the view. I can find the OSMtiles folder and
>>> see and view PNGs timestamped this evening.
>>>
>>> This doesn't seem to match the scenarios I have found in the list archive. No
>>> Berkeley errors, I switched to Graphicsmagick to resolve earlier issues, etc.
>>> The only clue I have is these messages in the terminal window when I run Xastir
>>> and do stuff:
>>>
>>> Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
>>> Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.
>>> Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
>>> Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.
>>> Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
>>> Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.
>>>
>>> Of course, I don't know what to make of it. I know the gurus will ask me for
>>> more information. Just tell me what you need, I will get it.
>>
>>Half the fun is figuring out which version of GM or IM (IM being most common) is broken on any particular OS.
>>
>>Does it say you're using IM or GM in Xastir's Help->About?
>>
>>It's possible that when you recompiled, it couldn't find the -devel package for GM and so compiled in IM.  Or vice-versa.
>>
>>In any case, check, then add the proper -devel packages and libraries and re-compile.  9 chances out of 10 that will fix your problem.
>
>--
>The universe we're in will reach absolute zero in three hours. Safe is relative. - Idris, "The Doctor's Wife"

Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.
TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he will learn for a lifetime."