[Xastir] More Kubuntu 13 map problems

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:53:25 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Jim Shorney <jshorney at inebraska.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, Curt and Tom. I flushed my build directory and
> recompiled, but still with the same errors. I'm not sure where to proceed
> from
> here, I'm awaiting your guidance.
>
> It's ironic, I used to go to great lengths to keep this stuff running on
> old
> IBM Microchannel boxen. Now, it's an almost new i5 Ivy Bridge laptop. The
> more
> things change, the more they stay the same. :)  That's not meant to be
> negative
> or derogatory in any way, it's just the way it goes sometimes. I
> appreciate all
> of your time.

I'm wondering if it is Kubuntu specific.  I recently changed from Debian to
Lubuntu (13.04) on an Intel Atom based computer, and I had not compiled
Xastir yet until last night.  I didn't encounter any problems compiling.
 I have to qualify that with the fact that mine is not the 64 bit version
of Ubuntu.  I did, however, find a problem with the Ubuntu package for
gpsmanshp - I had to hack the deb package in order to get it to install
without errors.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT