[Xastir] Xastir shutting down prematurely

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 07:04:04 EDT 2013

I am running Xastir 2.05 on Ubuntu 10.04. First, I thought the PC was
losing power and rebooting. After checking the battery back up I found that
not to be the case.

I've been troubleshooting this for about a week now. Last night, i
re-booted the PC and started Xastir, just like I've always done. I came
back half hour later, only to see the desktop and no other programs
running. I do recall doing an upgrade to OS software about a week ago but
couldn't tell you what was done in that upgrade and that's about the
timeframe it's been happening in.

There's not any settings within Xastir that would cause this, is there?  Is
there a log that I can see or start within Linux that may tell me what the
machine is doing when it does this?

73 John