[Xastir] Xastir shutting down prematurely

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:02:39 EDT 2013

John,

Starting with the simple easy way...

Open a terminal window and run Xastir from the command line in that
terminal window and see if it gives you any messages or errors after
Xastir closes.

Then the others that are better at this than me can chime in.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

On 03/16/2013 07:04 AM, John Wilson wrote:
> I am running Xastir 2.05 on Ubuntu 10.04. First, I thought the PC was
> losing power and rebooting. After checking the battery back up I found that
> not to be the case.
>
> I've been troubleshooting this for about a week now. Last night, i
> re-booted the PC and started Xastir, just like I've always done. I came
> back half hour later, only to see the desktop and no other programs
> running. I do recall doing an upgrade to OS software about a week ago but
> couldn't tell you what was done in that upgrade and that's about the
> timeframe it's been happening in.
>
> There's not any settings within Xastir that would cause this, is there?  Is
> there a log that I can see or start within Linux that may tell me what the
> machine is doing when it does this?
>
> 73 John

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com Go Green! Print this email
only when necessary.