[Xastir] Xastir shutting down prematurely

David A. Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Mon Mar 18 17:52:57 EDT 2013

Along the diagnostics route, I've found computers in the past that could
pass Memtest but would continue to intermittently fail.  The only 100%
test I've found for testing the stability of a computer is... compiling
a linux kernel.  It takes a long time, it uses heavy disk I/O, memory
I/O, can create load on multi-core CPUs, etc.  I have a Bash script that
I can send the to the group that is written specifically to make kernel
compiling automatic, supports looping, logging, etc. to specifically
find bad hardware.

If anyone's interested, let me know... an old version of it is available
here:

http://www.trinityos.com/LINUX/TrinityOS-security/usr/src/kernel/build-it.trinityos

--David