[Xastir] NWS Weather Alerts

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:33:44 EDT 2013

I detailed part of it in my homepage:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u

> The Standard rotate pool is fine for me.  It has probably been 7 or 8 years since I last tuned in to firenet.  There was lots of interesting stuff, but more than I need here.  We are already suffering from information overload here in Central Florida.  I only want the severe / warning alerts to bother me, and then I Gate those to stations who are RF only.
>
> I might get a chance to do a CVS update and install tonight.  If so, I am hoping that will fix it for now.
>
> One thing that I forgot to mention, the local NWS Office is MLB.  I suppose that there could be a problem with their Internet feed of the alerts.

I'm seeing lots of alerts.  NWS offices tend not to go dark much.

BTW:  It appears that the "firenet.aprs2.net" rotate address has been fixed.  I'm connected to it now and getting the correct Firenet servers.  Alerts are lighting up the map.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/