[Xastir] Xastir on the Raspberry Pi

David Brooke G6GZH xastir at dbrooke.me.uk
Fri Nov 15 13:33:57 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 06:57:01PM -0800, Max Harper wrote:

> I tried to get AX25 running but as soon as I ran "sudo kissattach /dev/ttyAMA0 1 10.1.1.1" I would loose my wireless connection to the Raspberry Pi.

If you are not actually wanting to run IP over AX.25 you can omit the
IP address. I'm not sure if that will solve your wireless problem but is
probably worth a try.

Also, if you want the interface to come up automatically you can add it
to /etc/network interfaces using something like:

auto ax0
iface ax0 inet manual
        # Bind to the port.
        hwaddress ax25 NOCALL-1
        # Create the port before starting the iface.
        pre-up kissattach /dev/ttyAMA0 1
        # Delete the port after stopping the iface. Make sure that it dies
        # and lock file is removed.
        post-down pkill kissattach || pkill -9 kissattach ; rm -f /var/lock/LCK..ttyAMA0

Regards,

David G6GZH