[Xastir] xastir & andlinux

Leonard Leslie lenleslie at flash.net
Fri Nov 15 22:37:52 EST 2013

Hi,
I am a newbie to igates and linux. I know this question is not for this forum, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I seem to hitting a lot of dead ends.

I  have been trying to get an Igate up and running. I searched through several Igate programs and ended up at Xastir - recommended on forums above UISS satgate and uiview. I am in the process of loading andlinux on Windows XP as a prereq for Xastir and am having a problem. I have searched for forums on andlinux, but can't seem to find anything. Almost every link I try is no longer available. I am hoping someone here can help me get Xastir running with andlinux or something better.

With andlinux I download it and get 2 icons on my desktop, andlinux console (FLTK) and andlinux console (NT). Both have the same thing in them, a series of commands that have been run and a failing command "CIFS VFS: Error connecting to IPv4 socket. Aborting operation, CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -110. CIFS is new to me. It looks like a windows file system that and linux is trying to connect to.

Thanks and 73,

Len - KF5ELB