[Xastir] xastir & andlinux

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 11:25:24 EST 2013

- sent from my mobile phone
On Nov 15, 2013 11:03 PM, "Leonard Leslie" <lenleslie at flash.net> wrote:

> Hi,

> I  have been trying to get an Igate up and running. I searched through
several Igate programs and ended up at Xastir - recommended on forums above
UISS satgate and uiview. I am in the process of loading andlinux on Windows
XP as a prereq for Xastir and am having a problem.

It has been ages since I looked at andLinux, but it lacked serial port
support when I played with it.  If you really need to run an IGate in
Windows, my advice is to use APRSIS32, which, like Xastir, can do  igating
as well as display stations on online OSM maps.

If you want to give Xastir a whirl in Windows, install Oracle VirtualBox
(free download) and then install a real Linux distro such as Fedora,
Debian, or Ubuntu as a VBox virtual machine.  Then install Xastir.  I
prefer to install a version of Linux in this scenario with a lightweight
desktop such as Lubuntu.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT