[Xastir] Xastir on the Raspberry Pi

Max Harper kg4pid at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 01:35:29 EST 2013

Well, I was trying to use Xastir along with ax25 on the Raspberry Pi. I was able to get ax25 running and could see aprs packets using axlisten and mheard. In Xastir I added an interface for ax25 and tried to bring it up. In the syslog I have this error message.

kernel: [  733.415193] xastir uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)

I used apt-get install xastir and it shows verion 2.0.0.  Anyone know if this has been fixed in the latest version? It may not matter because at this point I don't know to compile in Linux, just wondering it it has been fixed.

And the problem with kissattach causing the wireless connection to drop does seem to be caused by wpa_supplicant.

wpa_action: WPA_IFACE=wlan0 WPA_ACTION=DISCONNECTED
wpa_action: WPA_ID=0 WPA_ID_STR= WPA_CTRL_DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
wpa_action: ifdown wlan0

ifplugd(ax0)[2391]: client: Ignoring unknown interface ax0=ax0

When I tried to bring up wlan0 manually I get...

sudo ifup wlan0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1
Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_cli daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1

I may be way off, I was just looking for errors

Max KG4PID