[Xastir] Xastir on the Raspberry Pi

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 22 16:25:27 EST 2013

John,

Thanks for your efforts, which will benefit many.

I didn't give up on geotiff because I needed topo maps, but after the
dependency dance in Debian - A likes B, B loves C, but C hates A, and
repeat for D, E & F - I compiled from sources from osgeo.org and
everyone was happy, but mostly me <grin>

Ray vk2tv

On 23/11/13 07:53, John Gorkos wrote:
> There is a current raspberry pi build of Xastir CVS (as of this morning)
> on the Aprs-alert server.
> Here¹s how it¹s configured:
> xastir 2.0.5 has been configured to use the following
> options and external libraries:
<snip>

> Getting geotiff to work on the Pi requires a Doctorate in Black
> Witchcraft.  I believe you have to do the entire build on a machine
> sitting in center of a pentagram drawn in goat¹s blood, under a full moon
> on the third Tuesday of the month, while waving a dead chicken on the end
> of an ethernet cord.  I¹m fresh out of chickens, so you get what you get.
<snip>