[Xastir] Fw: Compiling Xastir in a Raspberry Pi

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:56:21 EST 2013

David,

libax25 is installed automatically as a dependency of libax25-dev, so
there's no need to call out the libax25 package in the script.

Max,

When I compiled Xastir in Raspbian, I did build it with ax25 support, and
it's working with my setup.  I am not seeing the error that you posted, and
I am able to transmit and receive with Xastir using a configured AX25
interface.  Prior to compiling and installing Xastir I was already running
DIXPRS on the RPi with ax25 networking.  libax25 was one of the few
dependent packages that I had already installed prior to attempting to
compile and install Xastir.

Have you tried the following command in order to resolve permissions with
ax25 networking?  I've never seen the error you posted before, so I am not
sure if the command below will solve it, but it's worth a try.

sudo chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/xastir

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT