[Xastir] Fw: Compiling Xastir in a Raspberry Pi

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sun Nov 24 17:58:23 EST 2013

Hello Max,

Your last attempt got through though I'm not quite sure why.  Seems most
of Yahoo is getting blocked via various RBLs right now.  You might
consider using an alternative providers like gmail, etc.

Anyway, when you ran that script last night, did you happen to see what
the output of "./configure" showed?  The script installs the following
dependencies:
--
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential automake cvs xorg-dev
lesstif2-dev graphicsmagick gv libxp-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev shapelib

which does include the libax25-dev but if you don't have the standard
libax25 (non-dev) libraries installed, I don't think it will function.
If this script built proper .deb packages, it would have caught that
dependency.  Anyway, see if libax25 is installed and if it's not, try
installing it and then trying Xastir again. Btw, though not apart of the
Debian repositories, the VE7FET / F6BVP AX.25 packages offer some
significant bug fixes over the "official" ax.25 libraries which are
rather old:

    http://code.google.com/p/linuxax25/downloads/list

There are ARM ports available there as well which are up to date but it
other x86 RPM / DEB packages are pretty old and need a compile via CVS
sources.  If you're interested in that, I have that documented here at
least for RPMs (this URL also goes into more details of the various
AX.25 library differences, etc):

http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#3.ax25tools

--David