[Xastir] OT: SAME to APRS gateway requirements?

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 12:31:08 EDT 2013

It could be similar to Voice Alert but with a different tone.
http://www.aprs.org/VoiceAlert3.html

I believe it makes sense to have a dedicated WX radio with SAME capabilites.
It has a specific use and it doesn't squawk unless the SAME code matches.

However, in the interest of possibly saving a life or averting danger. The
project is interesting and possibly has some merit. And, if each county had
this ...

I have received, while mobile, WX warning packets. I cannot say where they
originated from but they do depend on someone pushing them to RF if I am
going to see activity in my vehicle.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH