[Xastir] Maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:23:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Michael Gregory <
michael.gregory at verizon.net> wrote:

>         Lee,
>
>   I did use synaptic. and it got me version 2.0.0. The issue is getting
> nice maps that I can use off line. not which version I have or how I came
> to get it.
>
> 73
> KB3IYQ
>
> Michael Gregory
> michael.gregory at verizon.net

I was referring specifically to the instructions at
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_12.10, which do not include
installing Xastir itself via Synaptic.  I was recommending using Synaptic
to install the dependent packages prior to compiling Xastir from source.
 The Xastir source code is downloaded from CVS, which provides the latest
and greatest version.

As I thought was explained previously, the version 2.0.0 that is in the
repository is a binary version of Xastir that may or may not have been
built correctly, and it is not fully known what features/functionality were
built into it.  The people that develop Xastir are harder pressed to help
you with the map issue if you are using that version because they were not
the ones who built that version of Xastir.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT