[Xastir] Light weight APRS client with smart beaconing support for Raspberry PIs

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 01:03:18 EDT 2013

Have you looked at DIXPRS?

https://sites.google.com/site/dixprs/sending-packets-from-external-sources

People have it running on a Pi.

It doesn't do smart beaconing natively, but as you can see from the link
above it will send packets created externally to the application.

It's Open Source, so you could add some stuff into DIXPRS to listen to a
GPS and format some packets, but maybe you can write a standalone program
that does that.  It would incorporate the smart beaconing algorithm and
dump a packet into the spool directory when it decides one should be sent.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME