[Xastir] Make error Ubuntu 14.04

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Aug 17 13:05:58 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:11:50PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ryan at kj6vvz.com> flavor, containing:
> On 06/17/2014 05:35 PM, Ryan Stark wrote:
> > Yes, it would be:
> > ./configure CFLAGS="-fPIC" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff"
> >
> > using -fPIC for the whole build is suboptimal, I'll try and figure out how to fix it tonight.

It's been a while since this question was asked, but I've only just upgraded
to 14.04 myself and found the real solution.

Xastir's configure script was putting the cflags from GraphicsMagick-config
into CXXFLAGS (which we use for precisely nothing) and not into CFLAGS (which
we use for everything).

The inconsistency in flags from putting the ldflags from Magick into LDFLAGS,
but not the cflags into CFLAGS is the source of this relocation error.

I have just committed the fix.

It would probably be good to do a stable release soon.  Just sayin'.