[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Feb 22 02:49:11 EST 2014

Lee,

That's good news.

I started to get excited once I passed the previously unachievable
eleven days!! I'm really ecstatic now ...

vk2tv at gateway-vk2tv ~ $ uptime
  07:39:38 up 40 days,  8:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.98, 1.03, 1.05
vk2tv at gateway-vk2tv ~ $

The Pi runs a four port FTDI USB/RS232 adaptor plugged directly into the Pi
libax25, ax25apps and ax25tools compiled from Bernard's (F6BVP) sources
dixprs with three ports configured
fpac running Rose and Netrom nodes via axudp

The ADSB Pi is doing even better ....

vk2tv at adsb-vk2tv ~ $ uptime
  07:45:26 up 44 days,  2:50,  1 user,  load average: 0.40, 0.38, 0.40
vk2tv at adsb-vk2tv ~ $

It runs sdr-rtl and dump1090 with a DTV dongle plugged directly into the
Pi. This is the Pi where I've shorted out all polyfuses to provide a
reasonable voltage to the USB ports.

Both units run Raspbian and run headless.

Ray vk2tv