[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 23:12:31 EST 2014

Hi Ray,

I think you were spot on with achieving greater than 5.0 volts as you
mentioned in one of your earlier messages.  I did some searching around,
and there are a couple of suppliers of power supplies that are rated at 5.2
or 5.25 volts that are specifically targeting the Raspberry Pi.  I'm going
to try something with 5.1 or 5.2 volts and see if Dixprs and/or Xastir work
better in that scenario. That definitely seems to work well for you.  I
suspect by running APRX I lightened the load on the CPU enough to get by
with a more marginal supply.  Top never shows APRX using more than 0.3% of
the CPU.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT