[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Feb 23 17:52:20 EST 2014

Kurt,

I set up xastir on the Pi some time back as "proof of concept". The Pi
was running headless and I used Linux remote desktop to access the Pi
and to run it in a gui. I used 1:250000 topographic maps which was a
tough test of capability and although the maps were painfully slow  to
load (but not as slow as when I ran xastir of a P166 some years back!) ,
xastir didn't falter. Less demanding maps would have been better from a
performance perspective. Acting on advice, I chose  to not use xastir as
gateway software and consequently it didn't get a fair run to assess
reliability. This is where Lee can offer better advice.

Ray vk2tv