[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 20:12:27 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have one question for you.  Doesn't Xastir run slow on the "Pi" as
> compared to
> a full bore laptop?  I have an old 1Ghz laptop and map redraws take a bit
> of
> time.  I suspect the mapset type might play a big part there.
> When it's up and running on the Pi it sounds like it should function but
> my question is
> how fast and reliable?  Just curious and not trying to insult.
>
>                                  Kurt KC9LDH

For the most part map rendering is pretty slow.  However, on the RPi I was
comparing Xastir as an IGate to other non-GUI software that supports
IGating, so I didn't care about the map.  I just left the default high
level "worldhi" map in place.  That is a very simple/crude map that loads
just fine in the RPi.

Lee - K5DAT