[Xastir] Jenkins Continuous Integration & possible build/release system

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 19:09:42 EST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Lee Bengston wrote:

> The deb pkg installed fine - I used gdebi. It runs, so anything from here
> would be the code, so you should be in the clear :-)
>
> By the way, the source code for either aprx or Xastir probably doesn't
> change often enough to need nightly builds, anyway.  Weekly is probably
> more than good enough.

I'm running a Jenkins server against the SourceForge Xastir project, which checks periodically and does a rebuild if it finds the sources have changed.  A continuous integration server like that could also trigger builds and releases if one wanted.  Then it wouldn't matter how often the sources were changes, within an hour or so a new build would be created, or error messages sent if it wouldn't build.

Just a thought.

I'm using it to send me error messages if someone commits code which breaks the build.  Actually have four projects configured:

     anonCVS xastir
     anonCVS xastir-qt
     devCVS xastir
     devCVS xastir-qt

If someone wants to set up a Jenkins instance of their own against SourceForge, I'd be happy to share the configs I created.  Would save you some time.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html