[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 21:26:22 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> Lee,
>
> A quick update on my RPi's.
>
> The adsb unit is about to tick up 22 days and for the aprs gateway unit
> with dixprs it's 18 days.
>
> I'm finally starting to have confidence in the Pi for my 24/7 radio
> applications.
>
> Ray vk2tv

Sounds good, Ray.  I think 15 days was the longest I ever went with Dixprs
before everything froze.  I got 20 days out of Xastir before losing the
AX25 port.  It's hard for me to imagine that the power supply is the root
cause if I can go 15-20 days before anything bad happens.  Everything is on
a fairly stout UPS as well. The failure mode was different when running
Xastir - it may be related to the USB to serial adapter.  It's an FTDI, so
it should be fairly stable.

APRX has been running for 5 days now on the same platform.  Given it's the
smallest of the programs, I'm thinking it might fare the best on a Pi, but
we'll see.

Lee - K5DAT