[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Jan 26 18:12:55 EST 2014

Lee,

As you say our installations were fairly similar. One can only speculate
on the reliability situation.

I'm just minutes away from 14 days uptime and that's a record for the Pi
and aprs. The adsb Pi is heading for 17 days.

Dixprs is using around 33% of the cpu and system load is around 0.9 all
the time, possibly due to the USB/RS232 driving three configured serial
ports, two of which are driving active TNC's.

I'm now keen to see what sort of up time I can get from the Pi.

In the fullness of time I want to add an external HDD for storage
purposes but I'll likely move everything (aprs and adsb) to an old Acer
laptop rather than mess about with powered hubs again. The old Acer sits
at about 35W input power unless it works hard, and I can live with that
for a battery-backed 12v system.

Ray vk2tv