[Xastir] Window Sizing and Shortcuts

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:00:40 EDT 2014

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014, Jason Rausch wrote:

> OK, thanks for clearing that up.  I did try to change fonts, but that didn't really help.  I tried changing the size of the text smaller, but no matter what I did, the text did not change size.  I noticed it said "fixed", so I guess it wasn't going to change no matter what I put in the box.
>
> Unfortunately, the most important windows "Station", "Timing", ect are the ones that I can't access the buttons on.  Is FVWM something that I can install in Debian Wheezy or is it something that is built into particular X-Windows interfaces?

Couldn't tell you.  It's just a windows manager, and an older one at that.  I have to go through some gyrations to get it going on my OpenSuSe installs these days, but since I can't stand KDE or Gnome, I go through the pain anyway.

When all is said and done I turn off GoodButtons and just have the Pager on screen.  So I have no bar on any side, no icons on my desktop.  The only thing visible is the Pager area, and I set it up for 5x4 virtual screens, so I have 20 screens to choose from.  Menus are accessed from anywhere on the desktop, using the left or right mouse buttons.  Fast, efficient, leaves me all the windows space.

But...  I'm old-school.  I also use VIM in Xterms for almost all of my work.  The only exception is that I use Eclipse for Java at work.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html