[Xastir] Captcha's

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:39:59 EDT 2014

I implemented Captcha's last night, then turned the new user account feature back on.  Wiki's can end up with new spam logins even with that, but it's greatly reduced.  I guess
people actually employ others to get through the captcha's...

If we start getting more than one or two new spam users a week I'll change the configs so new logins must be authorized by an admin.  That should put an end to it.  In fact I may just do that in any case!

This captcha is easier (for humans) to get through than most I've seen.  You see a series of dog and cat pics and must select all of the cat pics to get through.

The only bug I've seen:  The enlarged pic when you hover over them is too high on the frame, so the top of the pic gets cut off.  Even so I was able to get through the captcha each and every time.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html