[Xastir] Captcha's

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:49:09 EDT 2014

Curt-
  Not looking for work for you, but one option might be to look at the
work Hessu has done in using ARRL LOtW certificates as authentication
factors for Wiki log in.  The process is fairly straightforward on the
server side, and you tell it to trust any client certificate signed by
the ARRL cert.  In this way, the server has access to all of the
information in the Client Cert, including callsign, full name, etc.

Again, I know that your time is much better spent coding Xastir than
monkeying around with HTTP servers, but it's a thought, and the ARRL has
really done all the hard work in terms of creating a cert pool and
issuing them to people who are "legit" ham radio operators...

John Gorkos
AB0OO