[Xastir] Trap for Young and Old

David djmunn at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 17 17:58:53 EDT 2014

Hi All......A couple of days ago i used ./update-xastir on my Linux Mint 17
box ....update was ok but i found i couldnt access my AX25 tncport
"socket: Operation" not permitted message came up in terminal that i
started
it in......went round and round trying to find the answer..not too much
white hair to pull out

I had a thought about the chmod of xastir that was in the HowTo:AX25
from the Xastir web site...
went and did the "chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/xastir"
and bingo i was back in business

obviously when i did the update it replaced the xastir bin file so
needed the chmod again..

them's the breaks .....ive added this one in my notebook so i wont get
caught again

73 David VK4BDJ