[Xastir] dbfinfo command not found

Tommy Kane coolcamper55 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 07:13:25 EST 2014

I have scoured the archives and found a thread dating back to 2010 on how to
get this working but all suggested remedies have either failed or I have
failed. I am not the sharpest tool in the box on Ubuntu and was looking for
some basic guidance. I have followed the Installation as prescribed in the
wiki but seem to fail.

I also have shapelib in my home/ src folder but when I configured Xastir I
chose the option to configure shapelib internally.

I have maps that I have downloaded from Geofabrik.de and have copied and
used some dbfawk files from an Irish ham site but still need to build dbfawk
files for location, points. places  to complete the task. Without dbfinfo I
don't know where to start. Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Tommy

MM0KNE