[Xastir] No stations

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 6 13:32:58 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: xastir-bounces at lists.xastir.org
[mailto:xastir-bounces at lists.xastir.org] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 9:29 AM

> The only interface I'm running now is to firenet.us, port 14580, with
transmit disabled.

>The problem is that all I'm seeing is my station (N7QNM, no SSID) and
WX-ALERTS; NO other stations (including the beacon from the Pi/TNC).  My
filter is set to: m/100  e/WE7U-WX

That's all you will see on FireNet with those filters.

>If I use findu or aprs.fi; I can see other stations around me, including
one's I'm digi'ing and igating.   I'm sending my igate packets to noam.aprs2

If you want local APRS-IS traffic AND weather alerts via Internet, you have
to set up two Internet connections, one for the regular APRS-IS (stations)
and one for Firenet (Weather).