[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir Interface Peculiarity

ve7did ve7did at dccnet.com
Tue Mar 11 13:52:39 EDT 2014

Perhaps this has been answered before.
I have Xastir installed and using the symlink function and i2c bus to
activate the com ports.  I am using the TNC-Pi with 2 of them stacked.
If I create the symlink  (sudo i2ckiss <bus> <device> symlink com1),
everything works perfectly.
If I kill xastir and restart xastir, I cannot get the interface to come
"UP".
The only way I can get it to work is to remove the existing symlink (rm
com1) and re-create the symlink again. Then I can get the interface to
come "UP" properly.
The symlinks are running as root.

Is this normal for symlinks or am I missing something?

Propagation Knows No Boundaries
73 de Tom,  ve7did