[Xastir] Wheezy CVS Installation

Mike Swiatkowski mjswiatk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 14:59:17 EDT 2014

What is the process for Wheezy CVS installation?  There are conflicting dependencies that can cause issues with the open streets maps.  I tried to resolve these issues using an apt-get install -f and apt-get autoremove and it ended up wiping out the desktop GUI on the next bootup.  Has anyone managed to build the latest bleeding edge on Wheezy that can help?  I am leaning to go back to Debian Squeeze because of this.  There were clear instructions for Squeeze here:
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Debian_Squeeze

Could someone kindly add something similar for Wheezy?  It's been out for a while now (v7.4 now)

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI