[Xastir] Copyright marker on OSM was an xastir/aprs home video

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:58:53 EDT 2014

Anyone know what that fosm.org site is all about? I can't find any
reason for it to exist other than as a mirror of OSM or just to
obfuscate things. Same licensing, same data. But then in the single
blog post they claim they have more data and overall better
statistics. Plus they mention comparing the decrease in contributors
to OSM with any increase in contributions to fosm.

Maybe just the lack of info throwing me off, but it sounds like there
is some malicious intent going on there.

I just noticed the dates of 2011. Was this maybe a parallel start up
to OSM that didn't?

Brett KQ9N