[Xastir] Copying Xastir Configuration

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:50:42 EDT 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Max Harper wrote:

> I was setting up another Raspberry Pi with Xastir on it and thought I'd just copy the .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file to the new install to make things easier. But when I do that Xastir won't start at all. Since I must have the wrong file can someone tell which files(s) to copy from a working install to a new install. After that I should only have to change the SSID to be up and running. This is the exact same version from the exact same .deb file that I have.
>
> Just to be clear, I installed Xastir, started it and when the configuration screen came up, I just clicked on OK. I then copied the .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file and tried to start Xastir again. No errors were displayed and I didn't know where to go look.
>
> I may have a hard time replying since most of my posts gets rejected due to the server thinking mail.yahoo.com is a spam site. So if my posts don't show up it's not because I didn't try.

That's the correct file.  Is it owned and writable by the same user on each system?

You can start Xastir in debug mode to see where it is hanging or crashing:

     xastir -v 4095 2>&1 | less

It could be the ownership/permission thing, or or could be that I/O devices have slightly different names between your two boards.  That's about all I can think of right now.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html