[Xastir] Xastir first time

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:54:39 EST 2014

Barry,

Version 1.9.4 is archaically very very ancient. The current version is
2.0.7 and has many many fixes that are needed to work with Squeeze.

Per the Debian Squeeze Binary Installation instruction page at
http://www.xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Debian_Squeeze_Binary

    _*The binary package for Xastir that is available in the Debian 6
    repository is old and lacks key bug fixes as well as online
    OpenStreetMap support. *_

Thus I and others would strongly recommend that you follow either the
extended instruction on the above mentioned page to get a recent binary
or instead goto:

    http://www.xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Debian_Squeeze

and follow those instructions to obtain the latest source code from cvs.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

On 11/05/14 00:00, Barry wrote:
> Hello,
>          I am trying to get xastir going.
> First what I do know is working
> The Tiny 2 Tapr mode 9600 bd on ttyS0 works OK with gtkterm
> The WM918 wx on ttyS2 9600 bd works OK with gtkterm
> Data is displayed by gtkterm ok.
> So it would seem the harware is working.
> Nothing is displayed on the "view/incoming data" screen.
> My callsign appears on the map in the correct place.
> Nothing shows in "My wx stn window"
>
> Looking at interface control it shows both the wx stn and TNC on the
> correct ports.
> One question, in third column both display the word "DOWN".
> Does that mean what I think it means ?
> Clicking start or start all does not change anything.
> The version is 1.9.4 and I am using Debian 6.
>
> 73 Barry VK2AAB

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com Go Green! Print this email
only when necessary.