[Xastir] Xastir and Mobilinkd Tnc 1 Bluetooth tnc

Bryan Irwin kf5tot at outlook.com
Fri Nov 7 11:26:32 EST 2014

> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 10:52:04 -0500
> From: kevin at kevinratcliff.com
> To: xastir at lists.xastir.org
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir and Mobilinkd Tnc 1 Bluetooth tnc

That got it..
My user name was in the dialout group but I must not have logged out of the box to apply the permissions.  So I would say that logging out is essential after running the adduser command.

> If you type 'groups' from the command line, what is returned?
>
> If the word 'dialout' isn't one of the groups listed, you'll need to
> run the following command to add your user account to it:
>
> sudo adduser kevin dialout
>
> Obviously replace kevin with your own username.
>
> Then I believe you need to log out of the box and log back in for the
> new group permissions to apply.
>
> Run the 'groups' command again to make sure the dialout group is listed.
>
> Then 'sudo rfcomm release 0' and 'sudo rfcomm connect 0'.
>
> Assuming no errors on the above, then try minicom again on
> /dev/rfcomm0. If that works, close minicom and try xastir.
>
> If that fixes things I'll update the wiki article and add a section
> about the dialout group. If that doesn't fix the issue lets take this
> off-list and report back to everyone on the solution once we resolve
> it.

Thanks again for all you help..  I knew I had to be missing something simple.  I look forward to the updated wiki

BryanKF5TOT