[Xastir] OSM maps not loading Ubuntu 14.04

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:35:23 EST 2014

Hey Dave,

Not me having the problem, Thomas Maszerowski KC2TCK is the one with the
'speed bump'.

Granted I had a rough time back in August as I ended up having to wipe
my drive and do everything fresh when I went from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04
but that was to be expected with the problems I had in the hardware
department. (Bad sectors on the HDD)

My saving grace was a full copy of the HDD on another external drive
that I was able to "cherry pick" the files I needed to save my sanity!

My comment was more of a "nortupmoc-nogob" back to KM5VY regarding the
need for maintenance in the maps area of the xastir cvs code.

73,
Dave
KB3EFS