[Xastir] Xastir on Ubuntu locks up opening serial TTY

Robert Kilian robertkilian at ostechnologies.net
Wed Sep 10 13:27:54 EDT 2014

I've run into a similar issue (Xastir locks up upon attempting to access
the serial port) that I was able to resolve by enabling clocal with stty
(disabling the need for CD to be present to open the port) on the
affected serial port.  In your case, "stty -F /dev/ttyS5 clocal".

You might give that a try, and if it doesn't work, perhaps the output of
"stty -F /dev/ttyS5" may give some clues.

Rob Kilian
K6RBK