[Xastir] KPC-3 config file

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 10 02:22:44 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 08:29:44AM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mynixmail at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just want to know which startup file I must use for a KPC-3(non-plus) TNC. Also,
> is there someone that can provide me with one of their KPC-3 startup files.

If you don't get a response from someone that has a KPC-3 (non-plus) in Xastir
operation, you can easily adapt the existing tnc-startup.kpc3 file (which is
for the 3+) just by removing the 3+-specific commands from it.

This should do the trick.  Cut/paste everything between the "#------" lines
into a file in the same directory as the other tnc-startup files, and
point Xastir at it.  This should be enough to use the old KPC-3 with Xastir.
I have no KPC-3 to test on, but I did look on line at a KPC-3 manual just now
to find the commands that existed in that model.

I did something similar back when I first got into using Xastir with a very
old KPC-2.  In fact, you'll find that "tnc-startup.kpc2" bears quite the
resemblance to the following.

#------
int terminal
HID off
B E 0
DIGI on
ECho off
FILT off
FLow off
FUll off
HEA off
LFadd off
LFSup ON
AUTOLF off
MCOM off
MON ON
MResp OFF
MRPt on
MSTamp off
NEWmode off
#PACLen 128
PASSALL off
#
# Important!  Monitor only PID 0xf0 packets:
PID off
#
SCR 0
#-----