[Xastir] Tutorial?

Mike M kf7mbk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 09:22:03 EST 2015

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# cat /etc/*-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="7"
VERSION="7 (wheezy)"
ID=raspbian

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# cat /proc/version
Linux version 4.1.7-v7+ (dc4 at dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140303
(prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1+bzr2650 - Linaro GCC 2014.03) )
#817 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 19 15:32:00 BST 2015

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# xastir

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       geo   URL (OpenStreetMaps via libcurl library
                  Copyright OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files

Help indicates xastir 2.0.0
Libraries used: AX25 GraphicsMagick libProj GeoTiff GDAL/OGR ShapeLib PCRE
Dbfawk map_caching rtree libcurl

This rasbian distro came from a premade card image from here
http://f6bvp.free.fr/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

I finally found the maps in /usr/share/xastir/maps

Here I thought getting the bluetooth TNC working was going to be the hard
part.. hahah. That part actually works.

Thanks for the help!

-Mike
KF7MBK