[Xastir] Magick Error - Ubuntu 15.04

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:19:25 EST 2015

I recently upgraded an Ubuntu 14.10 installation to 15.04.  Prior to the
upgrade, Xastir worked fine.  It was a March 2015 build from CVS.  After
the upgrade, online maps did not work.  In the terminal I saw this:

Magick: No decode delegate for this image format ().
Could not allocate canvas to hold tiles.

Checking dependent package names, I was not able to find any that were
different from the previous Ubuntu 14.04/14.10 including those for
GraphicsMagick, but it's possible that some were upgraded to newer
versions.  Then without changing any installed software I grabbed the
latest Xastir source from CVS, re-compiled, and the maps were back with no
errors in the terminal window.

So problem solved, but given the OS had been upgraded, I wonder if just
re-compiling the March version of Xastir would have been enough.  I'm not
aware of any changes to Xastir between March and now that were designed to
address compatibility with a newer version of GraphicsMagick.

Best,
Lee - K5DAT