[Xastir] Icon

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 23 17:56:49 EST 2015

On 24/01/15 06:00, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
> Tom Russo<russo at bogodyn.org>
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion<xastir at xastir.org>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Icon
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 08:59:43AM +1300, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the<dexy at xtra.co.nz>  flavor, containing:
>> >Greetings from an oddball...
>> >
>> >     I run xastir 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi (for its low power usage!). The
>> >latest update to Raspbian/NOOBS re-organised the menus, so I had to
>> >re-create a .desktop file. No real problem there, until... Where's an
>> >icon???
>> >     I've stumbled here a few times now in various distros, so it prompts
>> >me to ask: DEVELOPERS PLEASE! get the core install (to catch all
>> >distros) to include a copy of icon.png at /usr/share/xastir/symbols, or
>> >somewhere else sensible? CVS install doesn't, though it is in the source.
> I just looked into this, and in my install Xastir installs icon.png to
> the share/xastir/symbols directory.
>
> Did you build Xastir from source?  Which source?
>
> If you installed from a binary package, what version is it?
>
> icon.png was added in 2012 and should have been installed by all builds of
> Xastir since 2.0.2.  If your binary package is older than 2.0.2, then you
> need to gripe to the package maintainer about updating it.  The current
> release is 2.0.6, and CVS is at 2.0.7.
>
> -- Tom Russo KM5VY
Hi Tom, and all...

     I run xastir on a RasPi B. It 's beyond me to build there from CVS,
or to cross-compile in my Kubuntu macine (I have it there but don't
usually run it), so it's the repository's 2.0.0.
    Help/About gives no direct clue (website or mailto:) for the
maintainer(s), hence my query here.

Again hopeful...
Dex, ZL2DEX