[Xastir] Icon

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 23 01:14:14 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 08:59:43AM +1300, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dexy at xtra.co.nz> flavor, containing:
> Greetings from an oddball...
>
>     I run xastir 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi (for its low power usage!). The
> latest update to Raspbian/NOOBS re-organised the menus, so I had to
> re-create a .desktop file. No real problem there, until... Where's an
> icon???
>     I've stumbled here a few times now in various distros, so it prompts
> me to ask: DEVELOPERS PLEASE! get the core install (to catch all
> distros) to include a copy of icon.png at /usr/share/xastir/symbols, or
> somewhere else sensible? CVS install doesn't, though it is in the source.

I just looked into this, and in my install Xastir installs icon.png to
the share/xastir/symbols directory.

Did you build Xastir from source?  Which source?

If you installed from a binary package, what version is it?

icon.png was added in 2012 and should have been installed by all builds of
Xastir since 2.0.2.  If your binary package is older than 2.0.2, then you
need to gripe to the package maintainer about updating it.  The current
release is 2.0.6, and CVS is at 2.0.7.