[Xastir] Icon

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jan 24 15:21:07 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 09:04:43AM +1300, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dexy at xtra.co.nz> flavor, containing:
> Hi again all, and thanks!
>
>      Following Liz's pointers, I found a CVS install script, got it,
> chmod +x and ran it, and now have 2.0.7 installed and running. 'sudo
> apt-get remove xastir' took the old repo package out, and editing the
> desktop file to point to /usr/local with icon put all to rights.
>     With the script, it was easy! and only took an hour or so with
> nothing else using resources.

Heh.  Yeah, the pi sure is slow compared to the machines I'm used to.  I just
bought one (intending to use it to run Zoneminder for managing WiFi cameras),
and even when the pi is overclocked, compilation of stuff crawls. (FWIW, still
haven't succeeded in getting ZM working.)  But for $40 it's cool.

By comparison, building Xastir from source on my 8-core Dell Xeon machine
takes about 5 seconds.

Remember to change /usr/ to /usr/local in your
.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file, lest you start getting complaints about
missing supporting files (e.g. maps, symbols, etc.).   Might also need to
make that change in map_index.sys.