[Xastir] Icon

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jan 25 01:29:06 EST 2015

On 25/01/15 18:30, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 01:03:47PM +1100, Liz wrote:
>>> For my additional information, the apt system can give you the
>>> maintainer - easy if you use synaptic, but the packages pages also
>>> give the maintainers
>>> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/xastir
> I don't seem to be able to post to the list for an as yet unknown reason, so
> I'll keep trying but I'll also CC people so that I'm sure they've recieved
> the message.
>
> I'm the current Debian maintainer for Xastir. I have a new version waiting
> to go into the archives which brings it up to the latest version and we're
> working on adding icons, desktop and menu files for all hamradio packages
> where there's an interactive application.
>
> These are problems we're aware of and fixing them is a priority.
>
> Thanks,
> Iain.

Thanks Iain

    Your update will be eagerly awaited.

    Meanwhile, my CVS build was working fine until reboot, then zilch I
looked at permissions, and all seemed OK, but still nothing. Finally
inspiration: ownership. The working system was post build, and had even
picked up on the previous config - would it work run as root? Put a sudo
in the desktop file Exec line, and voila! Had to re-configure, though.
How now to get it to run as _me_ (user) and recognise ~/.xastir files?
Should there be a chown somewhere in the script so it will run as user
post-build?

Continuing the learning process...
73 de ZL2DEX